The platoon leader’s analysis of troops available for an operation includes an assessment of the platoon’s vehicles and equipment. Considerations in the analysis include the following:
- What is the present condition of the platoon’s soldiers, vehicles, and equipment?
- What is the supply status of ammunition, fuel, and other necessary items?
- What is the state of training of the platoon?
- What is the state of morale?
- How much sleep have the men had?
- How much sleep can they get before and during the operation?
- Does the platoon need any additional equipment to support or accomplish its mission?
- What attachments does the platoon have (or require) to accomplish its mission?
- How many OPs (mounted/dismounted) can be manned with the available assets?
- How big a frontage can be covered with the available assets?